I love all things Prim.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mother Natures Ornaments & Outside Decorations

 

snowman face border 

Well we are finally getting some “S”….I can hardly say the word! I used to be a snow person when I was a child…but now that I am a adult I see work…lol I only love snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day then it can go away until next Christmas! I know many many people love the white stuff I am just not one of them.

snowman face border

I have been working on the outside of the house, this year as most of you are posting it is all about simplicity…less is more :)

I think I am done with the front of the house…please excuse my shabby chic appearance…springtime paint job for sure!

house 09 xmas 2

Below is a close up of the front porch

house 09 xmas front porch crop

I worked on my Mother Natures ornaments, my pumpkins were still in very good shape so I painted them red, green, bronze and then primmed them with a little Minwax stain. My DH just shakes his head!! :)

painted pumpkin big

painted pumpkin big finished

painted pumpkin two small red

painted pumpkin bronze

I used the small pumpkin ornaments in my window boxes with greens and holly.

window boxes with painted pumpkins

christmas window boxes 09

I’m not sure if I will do any more to my fence…but this is what it looks like right now. Not at all what it looked like in years past. This is not a good picture, color wise.

frence christmas 09

 

I had a helper while I was working outside…he just follows me and roll’s around at my feet. While I was working on the window boxes he curled up in one of my planters.

Ace planter 09

That's all for now. I’ll have more pictures to post as I finish up inside my nest :)

Have a great evening!

Holiday Blessings!!

new signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda,
    I love your window boxes, so festive! What a great idea to use your pumpkins!
    We've got around 4-5 inches of snow already and there's no end in sight. Thank goodness my husband plows and I've got a strong 20 yr. old son to shovel!
    Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks wonderful, and BIG:) What a great idea for the pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, I LOVE what you did with the pumpkins. I might have to walk out into the field and retrieve ours! Your tree looks so nice with the dried oranges on it and I can see enough of the topper to know that I really like it.
    I couldn't agree with you more about snow, Christmas Eve and day and then lets have 70 degree weather until May. Glad you stopped by my blog. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Husbands...don't ya just love those little displays of...'ummmm....wonder they send our way on occasion? :D
    I love your window boxes, they would make a great subject for a postcard.
    I hope you had fun doing all of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those windows boxes are beautiful! Great idea, using the pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is beautiful, it looks so warm and inviting. And the front porch, what I would do for a porch like that. Your window boxes turned out lovely too.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by to visit. I'm pleased to meet you and please come back again! ~ Wanda