I love all things Prim.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Gourding We Will Go!!

 

Hi Everyone!! Long time no blog. So much has happened since the beginning of the year. DH and I own rentals and on Jan. 1 a thirteen year tenant came to me and told me she was moving….what a shock! When we went in to clean to our surprise there were so many things that needed to be done that it took us over three months to complete it. The thing is, she never complained and only called me when it was bad enough to call. The small things that needed to be done ended up being big things in the end!! So between everyday living and routines, renovating and spring coming on, that meant flower beds and garden planting, that is where I have been….living a jampacked life, like the rest of you….. time has passed me by and here it is Fall….whewwww! what a busy and fast year!!

 

crowdivider07[3]

I have missed blogging, although I am a newbie and haven’t blogged much, it is fun!! I have to admit I almost forget a lot of it. There are some changes and not being that great at all of this I did play around and kinda messed up my template….I will get it all figured out eventually…lol. Practice makes perfect :)

In the meantime, I have loved reading all of your wonderful blogs and seeing what everyone is doing, getting great ideas and cool crafts, I have been checking in with everyone. All of you have been very busy too!!!

 

crowdivider07[3]

Today I took my Mom and off we went to the Meadowbrook Gourd Farm. Oh my I could have taken one or more of everything….I love gourds!!! Take a look at all of these awesome gourds….

DSCF2204

Look there it is….just up ahead!! 

 

DSCF2208

DSCF2210

DSCF2217

DSCF2216 I love these scarecrow gourds ♥

DSCF2220

DSCF2223

I loved these guys….so adorable!!

DSCF2228

Lots of unfinished gourds to buy…..

DSCF2234

Mom and I…what a beautiful day :)

 

I bought all but one of the unfinished ones….I love the coloring of the natural gourds. I may stain one or two of them just to see how they would turn out for me.

DSCF2236

 

DSCF2238

 

DSCF2247

Here’s the finished little guy I bought…..isn’t he adorable in with my bowl fillers from Sarah!!!

I learned a lot today, they show a DVD from the beginning to the end process of how it is all done, very interesting and very talented artist’s that make all of the final touch’s to the gourds.

I had a wonderful day with my Mom today…what fun going to Meadowbrook and the weather couldn’t have been more gorgeous!!!

 

Thanks for all of my followers that have stuck with me :) I appreciate your following and all of the sweet comments you leave for me…..I love reading all of your blogs, I am grateful that I can visit all of you and grateful you stop by to see me!!

 

Have a great Fall weekend…

Till the next time,

Wanda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda, so glad to see you back, and you know I *have* to ask, how is Cash doing?? I love the scarecrow gourds too, they are too cute and that looks like a fun place to visit! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Glad to see you back!! :)
    What a fun day to spend w/your mom! Love the pic of you two!
    Cute little gourd in the bowl...looks great with the filler ya got from Sarah!

    Have a wonderful day♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by to visit. I'm pleased to meet you and please come back again! ~ Wanda