I love all things Prim.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Couple Of Makeovers

scarecrow blog temp

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a couple of small makeovers that I have done. I had posted a small firkin lamp that I had bought at the TS and it had a name painted on the front.

firkin lamp 1

BEFORE

firkin lamp after

AFTER

I sanded and then wiped on Minwax English Chestnut stain, it turned out very nice.

firkin lamp after on table 2 

I also found this candy dispenser at the TS. I had seen this on someone else’s blog (sorry, I can’t remember who’s blog),  I stained with English Chestnut and then painted with a coat of Barn Red, then top coat of Black, sanded and then finished with Briwax. I didn’t take a before picture. I have taken two different pictures with one large Ball jar and the other with a small Ball jar. I also have put a battery votive inside the Ball jar and like the effect, I think it would make a nice holiday display with a few pieces of faux candy around the votive. I didn’t have any at the time of the pictures.

m&m candy dispenser after 2

Large jar

m&m candy dispenser after sm jar 1

Small jar with the battery votive (I must be leaning when taking my pictures..lol)

I also found this little Jack O Lantern on a block of wood at the GW….isn’t he cute?? I bought the feathers at the flea market, six for $1 and put them in a pewter mug.

feathers with jack #2 best

Well that’s all for now. I hope that all of you are well and enjoying beautiful weather where ever you may be.

Until the next time.

new signature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda, I love that lamp and the candy dispenser turned out GREAT! I've never seen one with a votive inside, great idea;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Wanda. Your firkin light turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda,
    The lamp turned out great and I love the candy dispenser and the little jack o lantern! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! I really love that little firkin lamp! What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, the firkin lamp turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by to visit. I'm pleased to meet you and please come back again! ~ Wanda